Current Openings (1)
Position Title: Inside Sales Representative
Provide Woodford Lumber and Home’s outstanding customer service through courteous, efficient and attentive consultation in a timely manner. Assists with the organization, cleanliness, stocking and maintenance of the retail area. Assists with loading and unloading of material and products as needed.
Supervision Received: Manager
Supervision Exercised: None
· Effectively share product knowledge after determining customer needs
· Write customer orders, schedule deliveries and collect payment
· Stock retail store
· Assist with the organization, cleanliness, stocking and maintenance of retail area
· Stock incoming freight neatly in appropriate locations and under cover as needed. Ensure all incoming stock is put away in a timely manner to ensure easy access, safety and loss control.
· Ensure that customer service is provided at the front counter at all times
· Implement marketing promotions
· Complete and maintain paperwork accurately throughout the day
· Maintain sign standards
· Assist in delivery coordination
· Help ensure prompt loading and unloading of deliveries and handling of paperwork
· Maintain Benjamin Moore Signature Store standards
· Stay updated on any Benjamin Moore new products/changes
· Maintain a good working relationship with customers, fellow employees and management
· Always represent Woodford Lumber and Home with a professional appearance and demeanor
· Help open and close retail store
· Assists in inventory control by conducting cycle counts, resolving overages and shortages and orders
· Miscellaneous duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Working knowledge of all aspects of yard and office operations including products and services
· Ability to provide outstanding customer service to customers and business contacts in a professional, courteous and knowledgeable manner.
· Ability to work in a courteous and professional manner with other team members.
· Basic sales skills
· Basic mathematical skills
· Computer proficiency
· Knowledge of company policies and procedures
Physical and Environmental Conditions and Requirements:
Physical Requirements: The employee must be physically able to regularly sit and work at a computer; to stand at the front counter to help customers; to operate the paint mixer equipment. Employee must be physically able to lift up to 95 pounds; be able to stoop; stand; sweep; reach above the shoulder; climb stairs and ladders; use power tools (chainsaw, power saw, circular saw, radial arm saw, table saw and others as needed); drive an automatic and semi-automatic vehicle; tow and back up a trailer and to do all safely.
Workplace Environment: The usual indoor environment is in a temperature-controlled space, generally subject to some noise level associated with customer transactions, telephone conversation and human interaction between employees, customers and suppliers. The usual outdoor environment is a combination of a warehouse environment and out of doors and is subject to seasonal temperatures and conditions. The noise level can include saws, power tools and noises associated with the loading/unloading of lumber supplies.
*All Woodford Lumber and Home job descriptions are to be used as general guidelines for each job and are subject to periodic review and change as warranted*
Revised July 27, 2019